This Forum is for those who wanna speak and no matter what you say no one will be disrespected here.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What brought you to TF2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NINJA
Admin

PostSubject: What brought you to TF2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:10 am

How did you find out about TF2??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tcforum.findtalk.biz
NINJA
Admin

PostSubject: :)   Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 am

I remember when My friend told me about this game. I was not interested at all. That is till he let me play a pyro on his comp. Smile I WAS HOOKED. Started as a pyro and managed to be decent at that. Now I just play what I want and I'm decent at most classes. First day on TF2 on my own. I GOT RAGED SO HARD. lol But now I can hold my own with some of the bests. Had some amazing teachers along the way. (nisse, Striker, sDogg) and several others Smile. Thanks you guys for making this game something I want to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tcforum.findtalk.biz
ThePolishGuy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Yea, haha. Its funny because my friend told me about tf2 also. Hes really big into games, and when he recommends game's there usually are very good. So I got the game and i also got hooked. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petetheplumber

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Short story: came from TF2 on xbox

Long story:
I used to be exclusively console gamer, so when orange box was announced for xbox I decided immediately to buy it and instantly loved everything on it especially TF2. Eventually I got tired of playing on the xbox due to few players, extreme lag, etc. but then I heard about the class updates for TF2 and began to play again starting to anticipate the updates on xbox. After waiting a long ass time, and having no updates, I decided screw it and purchased TF2 on the PC. I didn't play much at first as I had a hard time adjusting to the keyboard and mouse. Then I found out about payload and fell in love (at this point I would only play 1 or 2 times a month). I stumbled upon the SourceOP goldrush server one time when the lotus server was empty and I wanted to play goldrush. I immediately got owned and decided that I could help most as a medic. I got pretty decent as a medic, but got tired of dying so I had a period of 2 months where I quit SourceOP goldrush and played prophunt. One day I decided to go back and begin working on my demoman skills, but I didn't want to get owned so I played on the XA server, when I couldn't go up in ranks like I wanted to (thought it would be much easier as they suck on XA) I gave up and came back to SourceOP where I already had made some progress. I continue to work on my demoman skills (pretty good now), while playing medic when the team needed one and in the month since I have come back I went up ~50,000 points, made a bunch of friends and have a generally good time. Now I think I am here to stay.

OK I am done talking now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
L'Ours

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:44 am

It's like petet.

I was a player console before then I stopped. Then I played World of Warcraft during 4 years. In my country we have a very large community of designer around World of Warcraft. And a designer has made a very nice story with the theme of Team Fortress 2 and WoW. (http://www.worldofmakles.com/dotclear/index.php/post/2008/03/10/78-interlude-stevostin-teste-team-fortress-2-histoire-complete)
Finally, my brother showed me all these games on steam it had. And in the store I saw an advertisement for Team Fortress 2. I finished to watch the video and was the drama Smile
The first class I played was the engineer, my favorite of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePolishGuy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 am

That's funny lours. I played world of warcraft before I started playing tf2 also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petetheplumber

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 am

I try to stay clear of MMOs because I don't want to put that much time into videogames. Also I don't want to spend th $$$ each month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zigz

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Years back a group of friends started playing UO / TF / EQ / and other silly games.. most ended up playing/going to the new "hot rod" , and I just stuck around playing something I enjoyed..

Basically one of my friends was like DUDE you will love this game.. then stopped playing it about 2 weeks after I started.. Normaly cycle of my gaming exprience..

Zigz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePolishGuy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Seems like almost all of us found out about tf2 because of friends lol. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petetheplumber

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Not me I don't have any friends Crying or Very sad . Jk I have plenty of friends, just most of them don't play on the computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePolishGuy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Quote :
Not me I don't have any friends . Jk I have plenty of friends, just most of them don't play on the computer.

Oh man, i can relate to that. I think i only have 2 or 3 friends that play games on thier computers. Everyone else is PS3 and xbox360 lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petetheplumber

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:28 pm

And when I play with my friends they often don't want to play on goldrush, because they don't like getting their asses kicked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baphamut

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I knew about it in development because I'm a valve nerd. All their games are incredible. Except for TF2 I thought. I hate it with every fiber of my being. Mostly because I had played TFC when I was younger and that game was horrible. I stuck with CSS for about 8 months after I had bought the orange box.

The only reason I started to play TF2 is because Ol' and everyone else I played CSS with made the switch. I got tired of playing in dead 4v4 CSS servers. Turned out to be a good move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:37 am

ThePolishGuy wrote:
Seems like almost all of us found out about tf2 because of friends lol. What a Face

Not all. I found about tf2 through steam ads on wall of cs. First it was orange box. I did not want to buy whole box, but I got only tf2 back in 2007. I played TFC with friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enferno

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 pm

I first ever played Team Fortress 2 on the xbox, but I don't know how I found it from there, because I was like I need to go to Wal-Mart and get the Orange Box!!!!! But then I bought a computer and got it on the PC. elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StarAngel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:59 pm

i buyed the orange box since it was so orange :DDD well mostly and i wanted tf2 for a while
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What brought you to TF2   

Back to top Go down

What brought you to TF2
Page 1 of 1